Corona Virus - Infectious Control Statement
Per the most recent mandates from State and Federal governmental agencies, we are hereby forced to enact a strict NO VISITATION policy at our locations. The mandate allows only for the exception of end-of-life scenarios, and even then, strict procedures and limitations on the number of visitors will be followed per the mandate.
Please remember that we have activated “Skype Stations” at each location to facilitate video chats with your loved ones. Please call the facility ahead of time to arrange a reservation based on the needs of others.
While we are still evaluating all of the measures called for in the Federal mandate, you can view the mandate by clicking here https://www.cms.gov/files/document/3-13-2020-nursing-home-guidance-covid-19.pdf
We greatly appreciate your continued cooperation in the interest of the safety of our patients/residents/staff. Your comments and feedback of support and understanding have been very meaningful to us all.
Thank you from your family of caregivers at The Peplinski Group
Dear Peplinski Group Residents, Families, Visitors, and Staff:
You have certainly been following reports on the news regarding the current spread of COVID19 – aka coronavirus. We wanted to let you know that at our Peplinski Group facilities, we are acting now and have reviewed our infection prevention and control policies and procedures, as this is key to preventing coronavirus and other common viruses. We are ensuring that our staff and residents are practicing proper hand hygiene. It’s critical that we remind all employees who are sick to stay home. Also, per Federal guidelines, we are asking all family members and volunteers to avoid non-essential visits to our Peplinski Group facilities for the time being. We are in very close communication with local and state health officials to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
- Resident safety is a top priority. Every resident and family should have a clean, safe living environment. We agree that the spread of this novel virus is a critical issue that requires attention. Our goal is to try and keep the virus out and if it is found in the center, to minimize the spread to anyone else.
- We remain in close contact with our local and state health departments, as well as the CDC, to stay up to date on the information to prevent and manage the spread of Coronavirus.
- We rely on local, state and federal resources to help prevent the spread of this virus, and we appreciate everything they’re doing at this time.
- We have reviewed and updated our infection prevention and control plans and our emergency communication plan.
- We have reinforced to our staff that anyone who is sick should stay home.
- We are following the same infection prevention procedures used during flu season: handwashing, using alcohol-based hand sanitizers, covering coughs, and disinfecting the environment.
- We need to make sure family members have given us the most current emergency contact information, so we can continue to keep them informed should there be any new developments.
- Per Federal guidelines, we are asking non-essential visitors, including family members, contractors, and volunteers, to avoid visiting our facilities for the time being. As an alternative, loved ones can communicate with residents by using video chat, calling, texting, or checking in on social media.
- To facilitate “virtual visits,” each of our locations are immediately setting up “Skype Stations.” This will allow family and friends access to a video call with their individual residents. These Skype Stations will be somewhat portable, but please understand that we cannot guarantee the location will be 100% private. Please conduct your conversations accordingly and avoid discussing sensitive health or financial topics. In the event that you do need absolute privacy, we can make arrangements on an individual basis in a private setting. Please make sure that you notify our staff at the time of the video call if you desire absolute privacy.
We will be providing further communication as it becomes necessary or available.